- Ecopack’s range of 100% Compostable, plastic free and biodegradable bags and bin liners are an eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic bags.
- They are a more sustainable packaging choice and are specifically designed to be sustainable from start to finish.
- Ecopack’s compostable bags are made from a natural starch corn starch and the printing is done with water based eco-friendly inks—a true alternative to the traditional oil-based plastics that can take up to 1000 years to break down, if at all.
- Fully certified to meet international standards for both home and commercial composting (Please note that Commercial Composting is NOT available in some areas in NZ.
- Ecopack’s Compostable Bags begin to decompose in a compost pile taking approximately 90 days to break down (depending on compost conditions such as temperature) leaving no harmful residues in the process. This eliminates the impact of many tons of plastic bags sitting in our landfills for thousands of years or ending up in our oceans negatively impacting our marine life.